Are you in search of the best popup plugin for your WordPress website?
Modal popups have been proven to be an effective marketing strategy in converting more website visitors to buying customers whether you are selling products, services or subscriptions.
In this article, we list the top 5 popup window plugins for WP through which you can create stunning popups with attractive designs. We take an in-depth look at the features of each popup modal plugin and we put together a comparison chart to get a clear idea on which plugin to choose for your custom WordPress website.
1. Popup Maker
Popup Maker is one of the best free popup WordPress plugins that is versatile and flexible. You can customize a lot of functionality of your popup right from themes, position, targeting, and cookies. With Popup Maker, you can easily create EU cookie notices, option popups, slide-ins, modal forms and more.
- Unlimited popups and themes like light box and hello box is available
- WYSIWYG editor is available
- Visual theme builder is present
- Mobile responsive popups
- Position and size of the popup can be controlled
- Popup Maker has strong integration with WordPress
- Various types of trigger options like click open popup trigger, scroll trigger, auto open and more
- Premium extensions like terms and conditions popups, AJAX login modals, MailChimp integration, exit-intent popups, Aweber integration and more.
- No compulsion to display the brand name in the popup
2. Popup Builder
Popup Builder is a powerful WordPress plugin that helps you to create and manage a lot of animated popups easily. The look and feel of your popup can be customized without much effort. Any type of content (videos, images, clips, subscription forms) can be inserted into the popup easily to attract more customers. It is free of cost and you can add more features by purchasing Popup Builder Pro extensions.
- Pop up animation effects like flip, shake, swing, flash, bounce etc can be set up easily
- 6 types of theme options are available
- Popups can be added in any page and post
- Various popup trigger options like on scroll, on hover, on click etc
- Popups can be displayed with opening sounds
- Responsive popups
- WMPL compatible
- Option to show/hide popup for specific user roles
- Not necessary to display the name of the brand in the popups
- Compatible with Divi and Visual Composer
Popups is a simple and efficient WordPress plugin that works smoothly. The latest version of Popups plugin can display multiple popups at the same time.
You can also increase the number of social media followers by asking your website visitors to like and share content through the popup. Through this plugin, you can even add a call-to-action and email forms in the popups.
- Compatible with major form plugins like Mailchimp, InfusionSoft, Ninja Forms, etc.
- Popups can be displayed on specific pages, categories or posts, to certain users on a specific schedule, via shortcode
- Display filters that can act according to customer behavior. For example, whether to display popup on mobile, tablet or desktop; show popup to logged in/non logged user
- Various triggering options like displaying popups after x seconds, after scrolling half the page or scrolling X pixels
- Auto-hide popup when a user scrolls up
- Border, background, font size and colors can be changed
- Background opacity can be configured
- Shortcodes are available for social networks, ie to add social popups on a blog page to gain subscribers
- No compulsion to display brand name in the popup
- Supports all page builders
OptinMonster is a simple WordPress popup builder with drag-and-drop functionality. With the help of OptinMonster, you can add a wide variety of marketing-friendly features like popup forms, floating header and footer, trigger boxes etc. OptinMonster provides popups combined with exit-intent technology and page-level targeting which may help to boost your conversion rates.
You can even purchase Pro version of OptinMonster to add additional features like subscriber recognition, success messages, device targeting, content targeting, inactivity sensor and more to your popups.
- Easy integration with email marketing services like Hubspot, Marketo, Infusionsoft, GetResponse, Infusionsoft, GetResponse, MailChimp and more
- Advanced page level targeting based on visitor’s location and interaction on your website
- Multiple options of templates
- Powerful A/B testing that will help you to choose the best working method
- Responsive popups
- Compatible with all page builders
- Brand name can be removed from popups in the pro version
Note: In order to use this popup plugin you must have an OptinMonster account and to create an account you must buy the basic version. It is a standalone application that can be integrated into multiple website platforms.
Icegram is one of the best WordPress plugins that allow you to create attractive options and call-to-action. It is easy to set up and does not require any developer support. It is free of cost and if you want additional features you can purchase the premium packages.
- User-friendly interface
- Easily create multiple opt-in forms
- Plenty of theme options
- Easy integration with famous email marketing services like MailChimp, InfusionSoft, etc
- Responsive across various devices
- Results of every opt-in form can be tracked
- Unique headline generator
- Supports all page builders
- No compulsion to display the name or brand (Icegram) in the popup
6. Elementor Popup Builder
Elementor’s new popup builder is a great feature that is added in the Elementor Pro pack. Through this feature, you can create different types of popups such as sale popups, cookie consent forms, login forms, hello bar, etc. You get full freedom to design the popups the way you want with the help of content styling options and popup box styling.
- 100+ popup templates like announcement, promotion, email subscribe, social media buttons, etc
- Determine on which pages to show popups
- Set trigger options like page load, after interactivity, on page exit intent scroll, exit intent, clicks, etc
- Option to add forms in the popup
- Advanced rule options like showing popups after x amount of page views and sessions, show them when a user lands on a particular URL, displaying on specific devices, etc
- Integrates with email marketing tools like MailChimp, Drip, ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, HubSpot, Zapier, GetResponse, MailerLite, MailPoet, Slack, and Discord
- Freedom to place Elementor elements In the popups
- Add popups in Woocommerce product page
|Plugins||Last updated||Rating||Pricing plans||Active installations||Compatible 3rd party form plugins||Exit-intent technology||Analytics|
|Popup Maker||07.03.2019||4.9 out of 2,907 votes||Free||300,000+||Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7||Starts at $35/site||Starts at $45/site|
|Popup Builder||09.03.2019||4.8 out of 1,088 votes||Free and there are premium extensions||100,000+||Contact Form 7, Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms and Formidable Forms||Starts at $15/site||Starts at $10/site|
|Popups||08.03.2019||4.7 out of 267 votes||Free and premium plugin||60,000+||Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms, Contact form 7, USP Forms, Mailchimp for WP, Any generic form and Facebook Login pro popups||There is no separate extension. You have to buy the complete popup and optin solution to get this feature. It starts at $39/site.||There is no separate extension. You have to buy the complete popup and optin solution to get this feature. It starts at $39/site.|
|OptinMonster||06.03.2019||4.4 out of 161 votes||Plugin is free but requires an account of OptinMonster||800,000+||WPForms, Formidable Forms||There is no separate extension. You have to buy the pro package to get this feature. It costs $29/month||There is no separate extension. You have to buy the basic package to get this feature. It costs $9/month|
|Icegram||4 months ago||4.7 out of 242 votes||Free and there is a premium collection as well||40,000+||Jetpack, Gravity, Contact Form 7, and Visual Form Builder||There is no separate extension. You have to buy the pro package to get this feature. It costs $97/year||Analytics and Reporting has a free add-on|
|Elementor||06.05.2019||5 out of 3,063 reviews||Has a free plugin. But to get the popup builder you have to go for the pro version which starts at $49/year for one site||2,000,000+||–||Yes||No analytics|
Note – All the information mentioned in our blog was collected at the time of writing.
All the popup plugins listed in this article have global settings, so they are all compatible with all page builders. If you are using Elementor or Beaver Builder, you can choose the inbuilt/addon popup feature within these page builders. If you require additional features, you can choose any one of the popup plugins in our list.
Start importing any one of these easy-to-use free popup plugins in your WordPress website and increase your conversion rates.
Which popup plugin helped you to grow your business? Do comment below, we will be glad to hear from you!