Front-End Web Designer
Website Graphic Designer
As a web designer, you will work directly with clients and our team of SEOs, web developers, content writers, social media professionals and business experts in a fun and fast-paced environment to strategically deliver core online marketing services including: innovative website designs, UX improvements, conversion rate optimization (CRO), PPC ads, social media ads and more.
You will be involved in web design projects from conception to launch and continually working to improve clients’ websites (design, UI/UX, CRO) and all other digital marketing designs by working with our team of experts to create highly effective web pages and ads that are crafted for optimal user experience, search engine rankings and conversions.
What You Will Do
- Conducting competitor/benchmark analysis to come up with design ideas.
- Converting content wireframes to functional and beautiful website pages.
- Improving existing web pages.
- Performing full web design audits across client sites to identify areas of short and long-term opportunities.
- Creating social media ads.
- Leading and communicating with the web development team to ensure pixel perfect websites.
- UX and CRO optimization of wireframes and landing pages.
- Implementing on-page SEO factors that are requested by the SEO team on landing pages/website.
- Challenging the status quo and consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to solve them.
What You Will Need to Qualify
Education and Experience:
- University Degree (BA or BBA or MA or MBA) in Web Design or a similar degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in website design at an agency.
- Experienced with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experienced in frontend development using WordPress page builders. Sometimes you will be designing sites in PSD, other times you will be designing directly in WordPress using Genesis, Beaver Builder or Elementor as well as using element packs to jump-start the design process. Wisevu has agency subscriptions to genesis Pro, Beaver Builder Pro and Elementor Pro as well as other website builder tools.
- Fluent at communicating verbally in English, since you will be communicating with the SEO team, content team, development team, PPC team, social media team as well as clients.
- A workspace free of distraction. This job is for someone who enjoys working from home or a coworking space vs a "digital nomad" who is constantly moving around, which has proven to be very distracting and inefficient.
- A download speed of at least 25 Mbps and upload speed of at least 5 Mbps.
- Able to provide 5 hours of overlap with the 9am-5pm EST workday (Monday - Friday).
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Very competitive salary which will be negotiated during our interview based on competencies, skills and experience. Salary starting in the range of $2000-$3000 CAD/month.
Bonus: On meeting quarterly KPIs.
Working remotely: Work from the comfort of your own home office or workspace.
Flexible schedule: Only 5 hours of overlap with the 9am-5pm EST workday (Monday - Friday). Weekends are also optional for additional income.
Employee Development Courses: Paid premium quality certification courses to develop your knowledge and skills and one-on-one training from highly experienced digital marketers with over 15 years of experience.
Quality Equipment: Free Computer and Cell Phone.
Your next steps are
Interested candidates should submit the following to email@example.com:
- A resume along with a cover letter.
- A link to a Google doc that contains a write-up on what makes you the ideal candidate for the position.
Name the document: Finalist_web_designer_writeup_yourname_yoursurname.gdoc.
- 3 website design samples of projects you worked on that you are proud of showcasing your skills by using a screen recording software called useloom.com to record your screen and explain your role.
Here is a video explaining how to install and use loom: https://youtu.be/_fxBJ6u-_MI
Please include your face in the recording (this is the default setting in use loom).
Include a link to this recording in the document mentioned in step 2 above.
We look forward to meeting you and hopefully working together for many great years to come.
How to Apply
Please upload a single document containing your resume and cover letter.