Remote - Fulltime
Senior Backend WordPress Developer
Wisevu Inc. is a well established and highly experienced remote digital marketing agency, founded in 2008, with headquarters in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
We are a team of highly skilled and passionate remote digital marketing experts, SEOs, web designers, developers, and content marketers helping essential businesses through industry leading digital marketing solutions.
We are looking for:
A new, full-time remote team member who is a very passionate, talented and experienced Senior Backend WordPress Developer looking for a new career with a well-established Canadian digital web agency.
We are looking for someone who has very high attention to detail/aesthetics, who is great at communicating and writing in English, and is well-versed and experienced in WordPress website, themes and plugin development.
As a Senior Backend WordPress Developer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining websites, themes, and plugins. You will work with a team of SEOs, designers, and other backend and frontend developers, and project managers to deliver high-quality, scalable, and pixel-perfect websites and plugins. You will also be responsible for ensuring the security, performance, and scalability of the websites and implementing best practices.
What you will do
- Communicate and collaborate with designers, front-end developers, SEO’s, and clients to ensure smooth project delivery and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain new and existing WordPress websites
- Implement API integrations with WordPress and 3rd party software to streamline and automate lead generation and processes.
- Optimize website performance to ensure that the website is scalable, SEO friendly, and performs well under high traffic.
- Improve existing Wisevu WordPress Plugins and develop new plugins.
- Work on developing custom themes for Theme Marketplaces.
- Write clean, modular, and reusable code that adheres to industry standards and best practices.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure code is maintainable, efficient, and scalable
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise with client websites and recommend solutions.
- Ensure that websites are secure and implement security best practices.
- Mentor junior developers and provide guidance on WordPress development.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in WordPress development.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of agency experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Backend WordPress development.
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- Knowledge of WordPress REST API and WordPress plugin development.
- Familiarity with website optimization techniques such as caching, lazy loading, and asset optimization.
- Understanding of website security best practices and ability to implement them.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and debug issues.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Great at verbal and written communication in English.
- A workspace free of distraction. This job is for someone who enjoys working from home or a coworking space vs a "digital nomad" who is often moving around, which has proven to be very distracting and inefficient.
- A download speed of at least 30 Mbps and upload speed of at least 10 Mbps
- Able to provide at least 6 hours of overlap with the 9am-5pm EST workday (Monday - Friday).
Salary and Benefits
Working remotely: Work from the comfort of your own home office or workspace.
Flexible schedule: Only 6 hours of overlap with the 9am-5pm EST workday (Monday - Friday).
Vacations/Holidays: Flexible, and longer than other companies.
Employee Development Courses: Highly educational/developmental career opportunities. Paid premium-quality Employee Development Courses. As well as one-on-one training from industry experts with over 15 years of experience in digital marketing.
Salary: Very competitive salary which will be negotiated during our interview based on competencies, skills, and experience.
Bonuses: On meeting quarterly KPIs.
Other Benefits: There are many other benefits that come along with working at Wisevu, which we can discuss in more detail during our interview.
If you possess the skills and experience necessary to excel in this role and are excited about the opportunity to work on WordPress Backend development projects at Wisevu, we look forward to meeting you and hopefully working together for many great years to come.
2023 © All the content in this job ad is the sole private property of Wisevu Inc. and shall not be used without written consent from Wisevu Inc. The content therein is protected by the Copyright Act of Canada and the Copyright Act of United States of America. All Rights Reserved.