Service delivery is a competitive landscape, so providing great service to your customers is essential. If you are using manual methods such as pen, paper, or spreadsheets, tracking tasks will get overwhelming. Therefore, you need to use a Field Management Software (FSM) software to maximize efficiency.
FSM can help to track employee activity, keep them organized, process service orders, and at the same time keep your customers informed. Simply put, an FSM software has many functions in one unified solution.
The FSM arena is huge, so it can be hard to choose the right one for your business. That’s why we have narrowed it down to the 6 best ones. We have also prepared a comparison chart to help you better understand the differences between the 6 software.
FieldEdge is a cloud-based field management software that helps to connect contractors, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and more. Through this software, you can manage remote operations smoothly.
- Smart scheduling & dispatching to assign jobs, view the real-time status of work, use map-based scheduling, and more
- Performance dashboards that show company performance, track top performers, and the marketing channels that help you earn profit
- Customer management dashboard to track customer history, equipment tracking, and picture attachment
- Service agreement management to find out the agreements that are due for renewal, billing, or scheduling
- Send reminder invoices and service reminders via phone, text, or e-mail
- Paperless invoicing and mobile payment through integrated solutions
- Mobile CRM to keep track of equipment history, work order, and more
- $100-$150 per user per month
Jobber is a web-based field management software that helps field management companies to create quotes, schedule appointments, issue invoices, and get payment quickly. Through this software, it is possible to establish smooth communication between the management and field workers.
- CRM to help keep track of client details such as complete billing history, notes & attachment,
- Perform client search to retrieve client details immediately
- Create a client hub (self-service) so clients can approve quotes, check appointments, pay invoice, and request work
- 20 built-in reports for finance, client reporting, service/work reports, and more
- Create a staff checklist such as site inspection to get the job done right
- Make custom quotes with your company’s branding and include all the information such as add-ons, discounts, required deposits, etc
- Send professional invoices to clients and get paid online via credit card, Apple Pay, and Google Pay
- Starts from $49 per user per month
Kickserv is a field service management software that can be used by handymen, HVAC experts, electrical experts, housekeeper administration, bug control, and a lot more ventures. In a single glance, you can see how your employees and workers are performing.
- Detailed dashboard that will give you the bird’s-eye view of your business
- Create schedules and add multiple team members to one event
- Easily create charges, estimates, and job costing for every assignment
- Dynamic calendar to manage team member activity
- Set reminders for sales and work follow-ups
- Collect payment in-person or through Kickserv’s mobile app
- Starts from $99 per month for 5 users
4. Intuit Field Service Management
Intuit is a field service management software that offers a scope of capacities from planning, scheduling, invoicing, to billing. Similar to the other software in the market, Intuit’s principally centers on sorting out the important managerial errands for field service verticals.
- Easily schedule and reschedule technician’s work orders
- Store customer contact and equipment information
- Track workers and locate customer through GPS and mapping
- Get a bird’s-eye view of details such as technician’s arrival time, travel time, and work order duration
- Schedule recurring work along with technician checklist
- Send automated invoice
- Starts from $35 per user per month for the first 1 to 10 users
5. Smart Service
Smart Service adds planning, dispatching, directing, equipment management, workforce tracking, and more to QuickBooks. If you are a service organization searching for a way to improve efficiency, Smart Service is the product for you.
- Option to add routing, scheduling, and dispatching, and more to QuickBooks
- Easily schedule recurring work, emergency work, and waitlist jobs if you can’t find the time slot
- Send the work schedule to the employee’s mobile device
- In-built workforce tracking tools to keep track of employee’s location and job progress
- Record progress of work by adding before and after pictures
- Automatically updates inventory when line items are added in the work orders
- Not sure
6. Scheduling Manager
Scheduling Manager is a complete field management software intended for administration entrepreneurs. It helps you keep track of job schedules, accounts receivable, mapping, and more in one place.
- Sync customer information, invoicing, and payments in one place
- Schedule manager feature helps to manage employee information, invoicing, accounts, payroll, and more
- Starts from $29 per user per month
Comparison of the Top Field Service Management Software
|Key Factors||FieldEdge||Jobber||Kickserv||Intuit Field Service Management||Smart Service||Scheduling Manager|
|Price||$100-$150 per user per month||Starts from $49 per user per month||Starts from $99 per month for 5 users||Starts from $35 per user per month for the first 1 to 10 users||Not sure||Starts from $29 per user per month|
|Mobile App||iOS & Android||iOS & Android||iOS & Android||iOS & Android||iOS & Android||iOS & Android|
|Integrations||MailChimp, and QuickBooks||QuickBooks, MailChimp, Zapier, Strip, PayPal etc. Click here to learn more||QuickBooks||QuickBooks||Not sure||QuickBooks|
|Mobile CRM||Yes||Yes||Yes||Not sure||Not sure||Not sure|
|GPS tracking||Yes||Yes||Yes||Not sure||Not sure||Not sure|
|Payment gateway integration||Integrate directly with Clearent to process payments||Square, Authorize.net, PayPal, Express, and Stripe||Stripe||Not sure||Not sure||Not sure|
|Record progress of work by adding before and after pictures||Yes||Yes||Yes||Not sure||Yes||Not sure|
|Time & expense tracking||Yes||Yes||Yes||Not sure||Yes||Not sure|
|Send ‘on my way’ text messages||Text messages, emails, or voice recorded messages||Yes. Can also send 2-way SMS on our highest tiered plan||Yes||Not sure||Not sure||Not sure|
|Calendars and scheduling feature||Yes||Yes||Yes||Not sure||Yes||Yes|
|Automated alerts||Text, e-mail, and voice recorded message||Text and e-mail||E-mail and text||Not sure||Possible. Not sure through which medium||Not sure|
The right FSM software is a cornerstone for both employees and customers, as it can be a direct contributor to business success. By selecting the right solution, you can optimize operations and eliminate the tedious paperwork that you are currently having to manage.
Now that you have the list of the top 6 field service management software, pick one that meets your requirements, instead of blindly selecting one of the many options that are available.
Do you prefer a different FSM that we haven’t mentioned here? Are there some features that are paramount to your business that were not included above? Please do share in the comments below.