Senior WordPress Developer
Frontend WordPress Developer
As a Senior Frontend WordPress Developer, you will be working directly with an experienced team of developers, digital marketers, writers, web designers, SEO’s and business experts in a fun and fast-paced environment to continually improve existing client WordPress websites, develop new websites and work on new and interesting integrations and technologies. This diverse set of web development responsibilities will keep your career very interesting since you will be working on a diverse range of industries, businesses, software and with a remote team of experts from around the World.
You will be managing projects from conception to launch and continually working to improve clients’ websites and their search engine rankings with on-page SEO.
What You Will Do
- You will be building websites mostly by using barebones themes and building them up according to designs provided by the design team.
- You are expected to always follow the best web development standards and practices, use W3C valid and well organized/commented code, table-less markup and build speed optimized websites.
- You will be the backbone for our web designers, content developers and SEOs. Together you will be creating web pages that are optimized for UI/UX, CRO and SEO.
- Server management, load-time reduction, and performance enhancement experience.
- Manage client-facing conversations to deliver positive business outcomes.
What You Will Need to Qualify
Degree in any of the following: Computer Science, Programming, IT, Web Development, Software engineering, and similar degrees.
At least 4 years of experience as a WordPress web developer in an agency environment.
- Extensive Experience with WP/HTML5/CSS3/PHP.
- Experience with JS/SQL/REST API.
- Experience with Gutenberg, Elementor and other frontend page builders.
- Pixel perfect development - At Wisevu we are very detail-oriented so your attention to detail has to be exceptional and you are required to have an eye to spot small imperfections and issues when developing websites.
- Advanced understanding of on-page SEO, Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Experience with SEO tools such as ahrefs, SEMRush, Google Keyword Planner, etc. is a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and can clearly articulate your project decisions.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and passion for using new software.
- Experience with creating and adapting business processes to ensure an efficient workflow between all departments, resulting in a seamless experience for our customers.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills - ability to organize tasks and create effective business processes and SOPs.
- Being detail-oriented while also being able to multitask and prioritize is critical, as you will have numerous projects active at the same time.
- Curiosity and passion for technology and emerging platforms.
- Maintain an ‘always learning’ attitude. Stay ahead of the industry thinking about emerging digital trends.
- You will be expected to be a leader, and to get things done in the most effective and efficient manner without having to be motivated, babysat and told what to do.
- Very high attention to detail, natural inclination to check and double-check everything.
- A workspace free of distraction.
- An upload speed of 10 Mbps with a download speed of 30 Mbps.
- Able to provide at least 5 hours of overlap with the 9am-5pm EST workday (Monday - Friday).
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Very competitive salary which will be negotiated during our interview based on competencies, skills and experience. Salary starting in the range of $2000-$3000 CAD/month.
Bonus: On meeting quarterly KPIs.
Working remotely: Work from the comfort of your own home office or workspace.
Flexible schedule: Only 5 hours of overlap with the 9am-5pm EST workday (Monday - Friday). Weekends are also optional for additional income.
Employee Development Courses: Paid premium quality certification courses to develop your knowledge and skills and one-on-one training from highly experienced digital marketers with over 15 years of experience.
Quality Equipment: Free Computer and Cell Phone.
Your next steps are:
Interested candidates should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume.
- In the email, showcase your skills by briefly discussing 3 website development projects that you worked on and that showcase your areas of expertise and experience. Please explain your role for each project. Alternatively, we would prefer that you do this by recording a screen capture video and sharing the recording link. For this, you can use a free screen recording software like www.useloom.com.
We look forward to meeting you and hopefully working together for many great years to come.
How to Apply
Please upload a single document containing your resume and cover letter.